The profession is no longer just about what you know—facts and figures—but rather how you effectively implement that knowledge in the workplace each day. SHRM certification provides you the opportunity to prove not only what you know but also how you can apply that knowledge on the job.
SHRM certifications directly link to on-the-job scenarios and realistic work situations. Seventy-three percent of examinees say the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams are HR job-relevant.
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert
and leader in the HR field—and an asset to your organization, keeping
you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional
distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
- Go to org – Apply and select the APPLY NOW button.
- Create a user account. Enter your name as it appears on your unexpired original government-issued ID.
- During an open registration window, select the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification exam.
- Complete the application form with your eligibility, job and demographic information.
- Complete and submit paperwork for testing accommodations if applicable.
- Sign the affirmation statement agreeing to abide by the following:
- SHRM Certification Candidate Agreement
- SHRM Bylaws & Code of Ethics
- Submit payment for your exam. Please note that payment by credit card is the preferred method.
- Upon successfully completing the verification process, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter via e-mail within 10 business days.
- After receiving your ATT letter, schedule your exam with SHRM’s test delivery vendor at prometric.com/shrm or call 888.736.0134.
You will be required to present a valid, non-expired government-issued ID in Latin characters with a current photo and signature. The name on the identification must be the same as the name that appears on your exam application. If you fail to produce the proper form of identification, you will not be admitted to the examination and will forfeit your exam fees.
For more information about proper identification and how to change your name if needed, please refer to the Taking the Exam section in the Certification Handbook.
You will not be allowed to take any personal items with you into the testing room. This includes all bags, books or other materials not authorized for this exam, notes, phones, pagers, watches and wallets. You will, however, be provided a locker where you can keep your personal items. It is important that all electronic items, such as cellphones should be turned OFF.