Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology
The Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) (L4DBIT) makes up the first year of the NCC Education degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of an IT degree in the UK university system.
Students will be given the opportunity to develop essential thinking and study skills in IT and business through a balance of academic and vocational subjects. They will be able to contribute to the development of computer systems and networks, databases and websites in a business context, whilst also developing an awareness of business needs. The qualification will allow them to understand and enter the IT and business profession with the necessary knowledge expected within the industry and the ability to apply the skills to a range of IT-related functions.
On successful completion of the qualification students will be able to embark on NCC Education’s Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) (L5DBIT), which is equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s degree, transfer to a university or pursue a career in the IT industry.
For entry onto the NCC Education L4DBIT qualification students must have at least one of the following:
- NCC Education Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (RQF) (L3IFDHES) or Level 3 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L3DC) or Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF) (L3DB).
- An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to L3IFDHES, L3DC or L3DB qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
- One ‘A’ Level or equivalent, or an appropriate School Leavers’ certificate deemed to be of a similar level
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Skills for Computing
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems
- Designing and Developing a Website
- Essentials of Management.
- Understanding Business Organisations
The programme is assessed by assignments and examination.
Held two times in a year – January and July
Successful students may progress to the NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology(BIT)
(each equivalent to Year 1 of a UK Bachelor’s degree).
|L4DBIT||Skills for Computing||1 year|
|L4DBIT||Computer Networks||1 year|
|L4DBIT||Computer Systems||1 year|
|L4DBIT||Designing and Developing a Website||1 year|
|L4DBIT||Essentials of Management||1 year|
|L4DBIT||Understanding Business Organisations||1 year|
|1st July 2019||Day||12 Months||Nairobi|
|1st July 2019||Day||12 Months||Mombasa|
|1st July 2019||Evening||12 Months||Nairobi|
|1st July 2019||Evening||12 Months||Mombasa|
|6th January 2019||Day||12 Months||Nairobi|
|6th January 2019||Evening||12 Months||Nairobi|
|6th January 2019||Day||12 Months||Mombasa|
|6th January 2019||Evening||12 Months||Mombasa|